Friday, December 9, 2011

She smiles...

She smiles your way

Holds onto her breath
Afraid you'll take it away.
You don't even know
Exactly how she feels
Every time she has to go.
And when she looks in your eyes
She begs everytime that
Your words aren't just lies.

Because she can't help but shiver when you call her name.
And she waits all alone for a chance to be yours.
She wants to give you so much more than her broken heart.
But it's all she has and it's yours to take.
If you just have a little faith in her.

They never stay long
All the girls you know.
Love and life can't be all wrong.
And she stands in place
Telling you it's okay.
She reads the signs on your face.
And when you look in her eyes
There's something inside you
That makes it hard to say goodbye.

When you wake to see they've all left you alone.
Lift your eyes to see her blue eyes crying for your pain.
She's here, she's ready, she needs you.
I need you.

Because I can't help but shiver when you call my name.
And I wait all alone for a chance to be yours
I want to give you so much more than my broken heart.
But it's all I have, and it's yours to take
Just have faith in me.

Believe me, I'm not her.
Believe this, I know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment